- August 1, 2018
- Posted by: BHTA
- Category: BHTA Events, Healthcare News, Industry News
This years BHTA Steptember Launch Walk will take place on Monday 3rd September at Grafham Water near Huntingdon.
Come along and join Team BHTA and the wider BHTA membership to complete your 3rd day of steps (Please notify Sally if you or your colleague will be joining us).
Full details of how you and your staff and company can get involved with Steptember are detailed below.
Sign up your company team: E-mail Sally with a list of the names of the participants no later than Friday 10th August.
After the Steptember month events, it will conclude on Monday 1st October with a walk over the O2 in London at 11.30am. There are 10 free spaces available to BHTA members that are participating (1 place per member company and available on a 1st come basis). More places can be booked and paid for by members so please ask for the details.
If you are your colleagues wish to have a free place for the O2 walk please send Sally the name of the person participating.
The Steptember Challenge:
- To walk 10,000 steps every day of September (30 days) with a total of 300,000 steps, these can be walking, running, dancing or just going about your daily business.
- 10,000 steps is approximately 5 miles and over the month 150 miles per person would have been walked! What an achievement.
Why Take Part:
Promotes healthy living among your team.
- Members last year said “It boosted staff moral and created great team spirit”.
- Brings members from across the association together to raise money for a fantastic cause, and do something amazing.
We will support you every STEP! Of the way.
- We invite participants to join our private Facebook Group where you can share your walks, photos and encourage one another, see link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580450478699756/
- We ask that all collected sponsor monies are paid in via our Just Giving Page where the money goes directly to the Stroke Association: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bhtasteptember18
- We can provide sponsors forms
- We can provide an email banner
- We can provide Pedometers to you and all your team so you can count your steps, please let me know how many you need and I will send in the post.
- We will be Tweeting members photos and re-tweeting your posts throughout the month of September.
- If you are holding your own organised walks let me know and we will try to come and support you, take photos & videos and post through the BHTA social media channels.
- We will be presenting the Stroke Association with a cheque at the BHTA Annual Awards Dinner on Thursday 29th November at Alton Towers Hotel (booking forms), If you are attending please join us for the presentation, photos for press purposes will be made available.
Member really got behind the event last year and some members were extremely pro-active gaining a lot of local and regional media coverage. BHTA will provide a template press release and we encourage you to spread the word far and wide. This event is a great way to raise the profile of the good work done by your businesses and team, the BHTA and the Stroke Association.
The Stroke Association is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to conquering stroke. They deliver stroke services across the UK, campaign for better stroke care, invest in research and fund raise to expand their reach to as many stroke survivors as possible. There are over 1.2 million stroke survivors in the UK with 100,000 strokes happening in the UK each year. That’s one stroke every five minutes (so someone has had a stroke whilst you’ve been reading this email). Even though you are now twice as likely to survive a stroke compared to 20 years ago, stroke is still the fourth single largest cause of death in the UK. The Stroke Association know they need to change how people think about stroke and challenge the myths surrounding it. They push for greater awareness of stroke and its warning signs and campaign for better stroke care.
The Stroke Association believes:
- strokes can and should be prevented
- everyone has the right to make the best recovery they can after stroke
- research has the power to save lives and ensure people make the best recovery they can.
The Stroke Association has been chosen this year as many BHTA members companies provide equipment and services to Stroke Survivors and it also affects many of us personally.
Please use the #tags to promote your teams achievements and events during Steptember
#BHTAsteptember #TeamBHTA Join the team today!