- October 1, 2018
- Posted by: BHTA
- Category: Healthcare News, Industry News, Section Paper Launch
Global Hand Washing Day is on the 15th October 2018 and the BHTA Decontamination and Infection prevention section have produced a Get Wise to Hand Hygiene to offer best practice guidance
To download your pdf copy today click here. http://bit.ly/2BL5fjmGW HH v8
This year, the Global Handwashing Day theme focuses on the links between handwashing and food – including food hygiene and nutrition. Handwashing is an important part of keeping food safe, preventing diseases, and helping children grow strong. Their tagline, Clean hands – a recipe for health, reminds us to make Handwashing a part of every meal.
Here are a few ways you can make a difference this Global Handwashing Day:
- Wash your hands with soap at critical times, especially before eating, cooking, or feeding others.
- Model good handwashing behavior, and remind or help others to always wash their hands before eating.
- Make handwashing part of your family meals.
- Establish places to wash your hands in the household, in your community, in schools, workplaces, and in health facilities.
- Promote effective handwashing behavior change in research, policy, programs, and advocacy.