- August 15, 2018
- Posted by: BHTA
- Category: Exhibitions, Healthcare News, Industry News
Disabled Living Foundation, the organisers of Moving & Handling People are delighted to announce their dates and venue for the Moving & Handling People 2019 conference and exhibition. Next year’s showcase event marks DLF’s 50th anniversary and to celebrate their success they are introducing a range of new features. Building on last year’s popular event at the Watford Hilton they are moving to a larger venue at the Devere Beaumont Estate Windsor – a specialist training and events venue https://www.phcompany.com/de-vere/beaumont-estate/ .
Devere Beaumont Estate,
Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th August 2019
Key features of this specialist residential training venue are:
- Main auditorium with space for 350+ delegates
- Three interconnected exhibition rooms with extensive refreshment stations
- Eight dedicated rooms for hands-on practical workshops
- Spaces for sponsored special events
- Hotel rooms at an agreed reduced B&B rate
- Extensive grounds close to Windsor Great Park and the River Thames
- Free car parking
- Ground level access to all rooms for easy access
- Flexibility for delivery and collection of equipment both during set-up and after the event closes
- Unlimited teas and coffees throughout the event
An overnight rate for B&B @ £85 + VAT per person, has been negotiated by the DLF available by contacting the venue’s in-house reservations team. Call Devere Beaumont Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm on 01753 640551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting booking ID no 19383342.
New features for 2019
This will be DLF’s 25th annual Moving & Handling People conference. They will be providing delegates with two intensive days of CPD accredited training based on our trusted formula: a combination of keynote talks, hands-on practical workshops, focused seminars and the conference favourite – the Open Forum.
Innovations for 2019:
- Launch of their Speaker Alumni programme – long-standing renowned contributors will mentor a new era of speakers
- A wide range of new speakers drawn from a UK-wide practitioner base
- Choice of practical workshops – two of the new hands-on workshops will offer a choice of focus with dedicated workshop rooms for those specialist options
- Revised timetable to increase exhibitor contact time
- Wider range of sponsor activity including Sponsored Talks
- New Products Showcase option – Tuesday evening
- VIP sponsored tickets for partners at £150 + VAT
To find out more about the event or to discuss your own ideas, please get in touch with the Partnerships Team.
The all-new programme
With a full new programme of talks, workshops and speakers the event provides an opportunity for delegates to check latest practice, learn new techniques and network with peers.
Delegates are assigned to a set of coloured timetables that ensure they attend the keynotes, seminars and workshops across the two day programme. This also ensures that workshop groups are kept small and interactive.
Follow this link to view the latest Programme http://www.movingandhandlingpeople.co.uk/. This link will also take you to DLF’s new Learning Management System supporting our DLF Training and Conferences programme.
Thier well-known and respected keynote speaker will reflect on the history of moving and handling and will discuss the ongoing concerns that face us as practitioners. The speaker will review the challenges and provide a clear statement to motivate all of us to continue to develop and evolve practice, techniques and thinking.
Their all-new seminar programme takes place in the main auditorium where half of the delegates will take part in each session enabling greater interaction.
- ‘The Competency Framework’ is a presentation by a regional team who will share their experiences of developing and working with a Framework they developed
- A case study from an acute setting will explore the pathways and experiences that relate to their moving and handling challenges
- ‘Focus on Hospice Care’ will examine the specific issues around end of life and how this impacts on the techniques and options for moving and handling people
- ‘Slings Special’ will review the latest designs and thinking in this key area of equipment
Hands-on Practical Workshops
They are delighted to announce a new programme of workshops based in a suite of dedicated rooms packed with the latest equipment.
- ‘Focus on Hospice Care’ – in this linked workshop the team will try out manoeuvres and techniques for both adults and children at end of life
- ‘Risk Assessment’ – using real-life models delegates will test out their skills on real people
- ‘Plus-sized Patients’ – delegates can choose from the adult or children strands taking place in different rooms with specialist equipment
- ‘Behaviours that Challenge’ will also be offered as options dealing with children and adults, delegates can choose the option they prefer
Exhibitor staff are typically on hand in the workshops, supporting the workshop speaker team to answer any queries that arise about their products.
Moved right to the centre of the schedule, the Forum offers delegates, speakers and partners the opportunity to explore current issues and discuss cases, topics and ideas. We welcome advance notice of questions to be tabled and we are able to bring equipment to the Forum to help demonstrate solutions.
Exhibition floor plans, Options and packages
The Moving & Handling People 2019 conference & exhibition is a unique opportunity for your organisation to connect with delegates who work in a variety of roles across the public, private and third sectors, both in acute and community settings.
Based on analysis of our previous events and the audiences that attended, the typical audience for MHP will include:
- Occupational therapists
- Moving and handling clinical leads and consultants
- Clinical assessors and trainers
- Service managers
- Manual handling advisors
- Learning and development advisors
- Business owners
- Suppliers, manufacturers and product managers
With over 300 people taking part in 2018’s event at the Watford Hilton we are targeting 350+ for the 2019 event.
There are a range of ways to be involved in Moving & Handling People 2019.
Bespoke package options are available. Please get in touch with our Partnerships Team on 0207 432 8011, email email@example.com or contact the team directly – see below. When booking please mention that you are a BHTA Member to secure a stand space discount.
0207 289 6111